The start of Spring always signals a little hair refresh, ya feel me? And for us blondes out there, this usually means lighter LOCKS. I was in the states last week, so the timing worked out perfectly to pop in and see my hair stylist (Nacar at Laicale in NYC). Below are before and after shots of my hair – needless to say, I was in need of some major TLC – cut, color, the whole shabang!
After opting for a darker shade of blonde for Winter, I was ITCHING to feel blonde blonde again. The only problem with going lighter, however, can mean further damage to hair. I know I don’t have to explain this to you blondes out there, but for others, going lighter often means leaving the salon with hair feeling a bit dull and dry. Sometimes, it’s the reality of having color-treated hair.
Thankfully, with the right product, you CAN have both (blonde + healthy hair!!!) My stylist used the full WELLAPLEX bond repair system from Wella Professional’s which contains WELLAPLEX No. 1 (Bond Maker) and 2 (Bond Stabilizer) to help strengthen hair inside and out during the entire color process. What makes this line unique is the pH of the products – the pH of step one is formulated at a 9 or 10 to allow even penetration of the dye making the color look and feel flawless. Then, step two has a lower pH to seal in the color.
Final result? Full, healthy, BLONDE locks. There is a god! My stylist and I couldn’t believe how healthy my hair looked and felt, even during the coloring process.
See below for the step by step process, products used, and some shots taken next day. You can head to the link here to find a Wella Professional near you help out with your next chemical / color treatment.
- My stylist Nacar used WELLAPLEX No. 1 Bond Maker mixed in with my color which is a strengthener (bond builder). We also put some on my ends while the highlights processed
- After coloring we used WELLAPLEX No. 2 Bond Stabilizer (this second step is essential following the first step to maintain the bonds and strengthen hair during the color process) SIDENOTE: No. 3 Bond Stabilizer can be used at home AFTER your color treatment as a 10 min hair mask / to keep your blonde healthy and strong
- Next, she washed my hair with FUSIONPLEX Intense Repair Shampoo and used the FUSIONPLEX Amino Refiller as a treatment on my ends after shampooing
- Time for a cut! Nacar took off 3 inches from my length. I always recommend taking some length off when you’re going lighter – it’ll feel so much healthier AND it grows back, I promise 🙂
- Styling; we spritzed my damp hair with Wella Professionals EIMI Ocean Spritz and rough dried. Then we finished off with a few curls using a curling wand, and touched up with Wella Professionals EIMI Dry Me dry shampoo for some added volume
- VIOLA, a major #WELLATRANSFORMATION
Thank you to Wella Professional’s for partnering on this post!
Cafe photos by: Lisa Richov