Hi Ya’ll! Festival season is officially here. I am a HUGE fan of this time of year but what gets me reallllly excited is (duh) the fashion. Music festivals are the perfect excuse to let your hair down a bit and show off your personal style. Keep reading for my top 5 festival inspired style tips babes!
P.S. Brown suede everything is perfect for this festival / spring season. These booties are Dune London, holy 70’s amazingness.
1. Statement necklace or layered chokers are a necessity – you really can’t go wrong in the necklace department. Tribal looking statement necklaces can truly complete your festival look. Alternatively, layer your delicate necklaces with chokers – the more neck candy, the better
2. A crossbody bag is a non-negotiable– for anyone else that has some music festival experience under their belt, you learn that having your bag physically attached to your body is a must. With a clutch or pouch you run the risk of losing your shit – don’t be that girl. Also, a crossbody purse allows you to be hands free, aka the ability to dance your ass off, #Beyonce.
3. Wearing a hat or headpiece is a DO – coachella and all festivals for that matter are the perfect time to break out that oversized fedora, headband, or flower crown. Headpieces are sick, kind of like jewelry for your hair. Embrace it.
4. Simplify hair and makeup, on the real – ladies, there is literally no point in doing a full face of makeup. You’re better off sticking with the basics since we know anything more is going to melt off your face. I’d recommend a moisturizer or primer with SPF, tinted moisturizer (avoid foundation, it’s just going to get cakey), mascara, and tinted chapstick. If you’re at all like me, you don’t leave the house without taming the brows a bit. Go ahead and fill in with pencil and top off with a little gel to keep in place. Hair? I’m a big fan of air drying with a little surf spray. Ditch the flatiron, and embrace your natural curl or wave. This will save you time and STRESS.
5. Include fun add-ons as part of your look -I’m a huge fan of flash tats and tattly. Both brands make really fun and easy to apply temporary tattoos. Body jewelry, blue hair streaks, tutu’s? Within reason, I say bring it on. Have some freaking fun with your look and don’t be afraid to shake things up. Shop below for these outfit details and festival beauty must-haves <3
Photos by: Lisa Richov | The Social Stylist