Copenhagen was D-R-E-A-M-Y. From the food, to the people, the city has this easy living vibe that I couldn’t get enough of. They are some of the happiest people on earth – we should really take a tip from them. Oh, and did I mention HYGGE?! It’s like, they just know how to live man.
The city itself has the most gorgeous architecture everywhere you turn with the perfect mix of historic charm and modern touches. My weekend consisted of a LOT of eating and drinking, which, well, no surprises there. If you are a foodie, orrrr just like to drink, Copenhagen should HANDS DOWN be your next weekend or european getaway. Below is a breakdown of where to stay, eats, and activities!
Where to STAY!
- Look no further than Hotel Skt. Petri. I had a purely magical experience at this luxe hotel right in the center of Copenhagen in their quaint Latin Quarter. Location alone is a huge draw to this spot, but their amenities and service were top notch. The interior design of the hotel was INSANE – complete with green velvet couches, contemporary artwork in each corner, and the COOLEST geometric light installations. They just finished a full refurbishment, and the price tag per night is incredibly reasonable.
- Their lobby’s interior design is absolutely divine – I could hang out in this space for hours. And do NOT miss out on their breakfast buffet (some of the best danishes and croissants I had on my trip!) and make sure to have a drink at their hotel bar before dinner plans.
- Need last minute lunch or dinner recommendations? Just ask their concierge, they know the city like the back of their hand, and were so lovely during our stay.
- Do as the locals do, and ride bikes! It’s the best way to see the city. You can rent bikes directly from Hotel Skt. Petri, so that made things super easy / convenient.
Food & Drankkk
- Copenhagen Street Food on Paper Island is a MUST-do. Get the organic beers and hotdogs with EVERYTHING on it
- Pizza: Neighbourhood or Baest
- Coffee and Pastries: The Coffee Collective and Lagkagehuset, without a doubt
- Other Restaurants: Kødbyens Fiskebar, Geist, Manfreds, Union Kitchen, 108, Mad & Kaffee
- Cocktail Bars: Ruby’s, Brønnum, Lidkoeb, Curfew, The Jane (more club, than cocktail bar)
Things to DO / check out
- Tivoli Garden
- The Little Mermaid Statue
- Harbor Area (Nyhavn)
- Rent bikes – non-negotiable!
- Walk around their Meatpacking district
Hotel Photos by: Kenneth Nguyen
Thank you to Skt. Petri for a wonderful stay!