Happy Tuesday! I’m a big believer in dressing for the job that you want. As part of our #GirlBoss series and in honor of International Women’s Day, Marissa, Fashion Ambitionist, and I are breaking down top tips to nail that next big meeting or interview. Both dressed in pieces from WhoWhatWear’s new Target line, these looks are wildly affordable, not to mention, totally business chic. Shop our favorite pieces from their collection in the widget below. Now, go get em’ ladies! You got dis.
1. Black high-waisted pants or an a-line / pencil skirt are kind of a must. Both act as the perfect base for your look and will keep things classic as well as sophisticated.
2. Don’t be afraid to throw in fun accessories. The uber corporate days are over – thankfully we now live in a professional world where showing your flair for fashion is a DO. Take a tip from Marissa, and add in a fun heeled sandal or monogrammed clutch.
3. On the note of shoes – make sure you can walk comfortably. A slight heel or bootie is great – no need to break out the disco platforms on this one.
4. Keep hair and makeup simple. Avoid pageant hair – a slight wave or straight locks should be your go-to. Keep the focus on that beautiful fresh face and confident attitude, not your overdone updo.
5. Be prepared! Know who you’re talking to – do your research (hello linkedin stalking), and bring all necessary materials in a folder. This may seem obvious, but a little goes a long way when you can provide printouts of resumes and /or sales pitch material on the fly.
Photos by: Justin Duplantis